We have the top companies offering New Jersey Truck Insurance coverage. We even bind most policies the same day with E-Signed Applications.
*Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Commercial Truck Insurance NOW available in NJ* Get a quote from the newest truck insurance company in the Garden State in a decade.
Let us compare New Jersey Truck Insurance companies to cover your requirements. We have been offering insurance solutions in New Jersey since 1992.
Learn the average monthly cost from our NJ transportation risk specialist brokers for coverage’s including auto liability, motor truck cargo, physical damage, refrigeration breakdown, trailer interchange, general liability and more.
Send your information for quick contact with commercial New Jersey Truck Insurance Brokers.
Get the best New Jersey Truck Insurance quotes now! Start a quick request to locate, compare coverage and buy your best policy Today and get proof of coverage.
Quickly submit for Commercial Trucking Insurance Quotes – Semi’s – Tractor Trailers – Straight – Box Trucks – Wreckers – Big Rigs – Business Auto Policies – New Ventures and more. Same day policy in New Jersey (208) 229-8222. If you have all of your information click over to our full truck insurance quote form.
*Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Commercial Truck Insurance NOW available in NJ* Get a quote from the newest truck insurance in the Garden State in a decade. New ventures or startups are always welcome as well as seasoned veterans.
If you are a New Ventures and need to register for a DOT # click here to get signed up.
If you are considered a high risk trucking operation please visit NJ High Risk Truck Insurance.
NJMVC Commercial truck or tractor (Code 11)
Includes every type of motorized vehicle used for commercial purposes, such as transportation of goods, wares and merchandise (N.J.S.A. 39:3-20).
- Display the word “commercial”.
- Numerals are prefixed by the letter “X” or any other prefix designated by the Chief Administrator of the Motor Vehicle Commission.
Clearly visible sign or nameplate (as prescribed by N.J.S.A. 39:4-46) that must contain the following:
- The name of the owner, lessee or lessor of the vehicle..
- The name of the Municipality in which the owner, lessee or lessor has their principal place of business..
- The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) or the combined gross vehicle weight rating if vehicle is 26,001 pounds or more and the vehicle is registered or principally garaged in New Jersey.
- Lettering height must be at least three inches.
- Franchised public utilities and operators of fleets of 50 or more commercial vehicles shall be exempted from displaying the name of the municipality, provided that their vehicles display a corporate identification number.
- You can acquire a Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) registration number online or by calling the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at (703) 280-4001.
NJ Aggregate Haulers (Code 16)
Any New Jersey commercial motor vehicles used in the business of hauling aggregate – ready-mix cement, stone, clean fill, etc.
All requirements are the same as those for Code 11 vehicles. Vehicle may only be used to haul aggregate as defined above.
Four-Year Commercial Trailer (Code 19)
A trailer or non-title trailer used for commercial purposes and request is made for a four-year registration.
- A trailer plate bears the prefix letter “T”.
- See requirements under Commercial Truck or Tractor (Code 11).
- Commercial trailer GVW is 0; total weight is displayed on towing vehicle.
Commercial Trailer (Code 21)
Every vehicle with or without motor power, designed for carrying persons or property and for being drawn by a motor vehicle.
- Non-titled trailer
- Mobile Home
Plate: A trailer plate bears the prefix letter “T”.
Light–Medium Weight Tow Truck (Code 32)
A vehicle engaged in towing weighing less than 32,000 lbs.
- Provide a valid Accord Certificate of Insurance for a minimum liability of $750,000.
- Documentation of manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating (either a manufacturer’s statement of origin (MSO) or owner/lessee certification on the Application for Tow Truck Decals (Form BA 49T available only at motor vehicle agencies).
Heavy Duty Tow Truck (Code 33)
A vehicle engaged in towing weighing more than 32,000 lbs.
- Provide a valid Accord Certificate of Insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000.
- Documentation of manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating (either a manufacturer’s statement of origin (MSO) or owner/lessee certification on form BA 49T).
Solid waste (Code 39)
All vehicles engaged in solid waste disposal (trash collection) with the registration weight ceilings of:
- 42,000 pounds for a two-axle vehicle
- 60,000 pounds for:
- Tandem three-axle vehicle
- Four-axle vehicle
- Four-axle tractor-trailer combination
- Regular commercial plates that begin with “X”.
- Applicant must hold a “Certificate of Convenience and Necessity” issued by the Board of Public Utility Commissioners.
- Any vehicle registered as Code 39 Solid Waste may also be dually registered as Code 41 Constructor, but the owner of the vehicle must present a photocopy of the title and pay the full fee for the Code 41 registration.
- The applicant will have two different sets of plates and two registrations for the vehicle. Both sets of plates must be displayed on the vehicle and both registrations must be carried in the vehicle at all times.
- Vehicles registered as a Solid Waste Disposal Vehicle shall be limited to the allowable gross weight as shown on the registration certificate.
Constructor (Code 41)
All vehicles with a gross weight between 41,000 and 70,000 pounds with satisfactory proof that the applicant is actually engaged in construction work or in the business of supplying and/or transporting material such as dirt, concrete, wood, bricks, pipes, etc., or is using such registered vehicle for construction work.
- Plates are regular commercial plates and begin with the prefix “X”.
- Vehicles cannot operate on a highway at a speed greater than 45 miles per hour when carrying a load under 50 percent of the registered gross weight.
- Vehicle cannot exceed 30 miles (air mile radius) when carrying a load over 50 percent of the registered gross weight.
Special conditions (dual registration):
- Any vehicle registered as a Code 41 Constructor may also be dually registered as a Code 39 Solid Waste. The owner of the vehicle must present a photocopy of the title and pay the full fee for Code 39 Solid Waste.
- The owner will have two different sets of plates and two registrations for the vehicle. Both sets of plates must be displayed on the vehicle and both registrations must be carried in the vehicle at all times.
Everyday we answer questions about saving money on New Jersey Truck Insurance coverage while being very sure that you have what you need to prove that you have the coverage to the government and any load brokers that offers loads to you. Fast certificates of coverage are always available.
We proudly sell and service New Jersey Progressive Truck Insurance, National Indemnity Truck Insurance and Berkshire Hathaway Truck Insurance and several other companies.
NJ Better Business Bureau
If you have had problems getting a New Jersey truck insurance policy we could help you with a NJCAIP State assigned risk policy for your New Jersey Truck Insurance liability needs until your record clears up some.