Truck Insurance and size CLASSIFICATIONS
• Light Truck – Trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of 10,000 pounds
• Medium Truck – GVW between 10,001 – 20,000 pounds
• Heavy Truck – GVW between 20,001 – 45,000 pounds
• Extra Heavy Truck – GVW 45,000 pounds or more
• Truck Tractor – A motor vehicle for carrying commodities or material and
equipped with a fifth wheel coupling device for semi trailers.
• Heavy Truck Tractors – GVW 45,000 pounds or less
• Extra Heavy Truck Tractor – GVW 45,001or more
• Semi Trailer – A trailer equipped with a fifty wheel coupling device for use
with a truck tractor, with load capacity of over 2,000
• Trailer – Any type trailer other than semi trailer with load limit over 2,000
• Service or utility trailer – Trailer including semi trailer with load capacity of
2,000 pounds or less
• If it has two axles it is extra heavy
• Service – Used to transport insureds personal tools to and from job sites
• Retail – Used to pick up property from, or deliver property to individuals
• Commercial – Used for transporting property, other than those defined as
service or retail
Get quotes in FL,IA,IN,KS,KY,MD,NC,NE,NJ,NY,OH,PA,SC,SD,TX & WV.
Get help from Trucking Insurance Specialists. Send just the basic information for us to be able to help you.