Extra heavy and heavy Commercial Semi’s with GVW over 54,000 need specialized help. Get it right here!
Let us compare your options to insure your commercial semi with “Heavy & Extra Heavy Truck Insurance” with the appropriate coverage’s from quality truck insurance companies and process your filings for you.
Our Big Rig Truck Insurance transportation and commercial auto insurance specialists will be glad to help you if you (208) 229-8222.
If you have all of your information click over to our full truck insurance quote form.
We have some of the best companies offering big rig truck insurance in the USA.
Get the best coverage for some of our most bound Truck Insurance policy types listed below.
•Cement and pump trucks
•Refrigerated box trucks
•Stake body trucks
•Express delivery truck
•Truck Tractors/ Big Rig Semi’s and trailers
•Auto hauler trailers
•Bottom dump trailers
•Bulk commodity trailers
•Dry freight trailers
•Dump body trailers
Below is the classification used initially to determine what type of vehicle or trucking operation is needing to be insured.
•Light Truck – Trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of 10,000 pounds
• Medium Truck – GVW between 10,001 – 20,000 pounds
• Heavy Truck – GVW between 20,001 – 45,000 pounds
• Extra Heavy Truck – GVW 45,000 pounds or more
• Truck Tractor – A motor vehicle for carrying commodities or material and
equipped with a fifth wheel coupling device for semi trailers.
• Heavy Truck Tractors – GVW 45,000 pounds or less
• Extra Heavy Truck Tractor – GVW 45,001or more
• Semi Trailer – A trailer equipped with a fifth wheel coupling device for use
with a truck tractor, with load capacity of over 2,000
• Trailer – Any type trailer other than semi trailer with load limit over 2,000
• Service or utility trailer – Trailer including semi trailer with load capacity of
2,000 pounds or less
And then the trucks listed above fall into one of the categories below that define what the truck is being used for on a daily basis.
• Service – Used to transport insureds personal tools to and from job sites
• Retail – Used to pick up property from, or deliver property to individuals
• Commercial – Used for transporting property, other than those defined as
service or retail
We proudly sell and service Progressive Truck Insurance, National Indemnity Truck Insurance and Berkshire Hathaway Truck Insurance, High Risk Truck Insurance and several other companies.
If you need help sorting it all out visit the FMCSA Portal.